Mutual Fund NFO or New Fund Offer is nothing but the introduction of a new mutual fund scheme by an asset management company. For general pubic like us to subscribe, NFO functions on the first-come-first-serve basis. You can subscribe to Mutual Fund NFO within a limited time period at an offer price (may be Rs. 10 or Rs. 100). After the expire of the NFO offer, the fund is launched and then you can purchase the units at the prevailing market value. There are 2 types of Mutual Fund NFO- Open-Ended and Close-Ended Funds.
After the NFO expires, the Open-Ended Fund gets officially launched. You can invest or redeem the fund units at any time. But you cannot invest in Close-Ended Fund after the NFO expires. You have to wait till the NFO’s maturity which might be 3 to 4 years from the launch date.
Key Features of Mutual Fund NFO
- The asset management company raises money through Mutual Fund NFO to purchase securities- bond, shares, equity, etc.
- You can invest in NFOs at a cheaper rate when the market is at a peak.
- The Mutual Fund NFO provides offer document. By reading that document, get to know how exactly the fund manager is planning to invest your money.
- You get to enjoy a new theme as offered by the NFO. The investment theme offered is an important feature of an NFO.
- You can subscribe to NFO with its range lying between Rs. 500 to Rs. 5000.
Points to remember when subscribing Mutual Fund NFO
- Before investing in NFO, you need to check the background history of the fund house. Minimum 5 to 10 years of the performance history of the fund house is mandatory. A good performance track record is a deciding factor to subscribe NFO.
- You do not have to pay an entry load for Mutual Fund NFO. But if you redeem the units before the tenure, then exit load is charged.
- You should read the offer document to get the details of risk involved, investment horizon, investment theme of the NFO.
- Before going for NFO investment, you need to keep in mind the return aspect. You need to set a level for an expected return from NFO.
- You can subscribe to Mutual Fund NFO with a minimum subscription amount of Rs. 500. The subscription amount ranges up to Rs. 5000.
Latest Mutual Fund NFO
|Mutual Fund NFO Name||Launch Date||Closing Date|
|Sundaram Equity Fund||16/08/2019||30/08/2019|
|SBI Capital Protection Oriented Fund- Series A- Plan 5||22/08/2019||5/09/2019|
|Motilal Oswal Nifty 500 Fund||19/08/2019||30/08/2019|
|ITI Long Term Equity Fund||15/07/2019||14/10/2019|
|DHFL Pramerica Overnight Fund||12/08/2019||26/08/2019|
|Motilal Oswal Nifty Smallcap 250 Index Fund||19/08/2019||30/08/2019|
|Tata Nifty Pvt Bank ETF||16/08/2019||29/08/2019|