The very first step of mutual fund investment is undoubtedly KYC mandate. Mutual Fund KYC process is a method of customer identification. Mutual Fund KYC status is mandatary where an investor provides his/her identity details to the respective mutual fund houses. Under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act 2002, SEBI has regulated Mutual Fund KYC verification to avoid any kind money laundering or other illegal activities. For Mutual Fund KYC process, you need to submit valid documents to prove your identity. Mutual Fund KYC is a one time process after which you can invest in any mutual fund under any AMC. For Mutual Fund KYC status, you need to go to the official website of any KYC Registration Agency (KRA) and enter your PAN details. If you are already a KYC complaint, then you can start investing in mutual funds. But if you are not you need to complete the Mutual Fund KYC process.
How to do Mutual Fund KYC Online?
In order to invest in a mutual fund, you need to be KYC compliant. You can avail online as well as an offline process for Mutual Fund KYC status. Following are the important steps as how to do Mutual Fund KYC online-
- At first, you need to download the Mutual Fund KYC form.
- Then you need to fill up Mutual Fund KYC form.
- You need to submit Mutual Fund KYC form and self-attested essential documents to the respective AMC or the KRA.
- After the completion of the Mutual Fund KYC process, you can check Mutual Fund KYC status online.
What are the documents required for Mutual Fund KYC status?
For completion of Mutual Fund KYC process, you need to submit some important documents which are-
- Self-attested PAN card copy
- ID proof self-attested- AADHAR card, Driving License or Passport
- Address proof self-attested- Updated Bank a/c statement, any Utility bills- Telephone or Electricity Bill, Rent Agreement or driving license
Process of Mutual Fund KYC Status Check
Before investing in a mutual fund, you can easily to check Mutual Fund KYC status. The answer of how to check Mutual Fund KYC status is that you can easily do it online. You can opt Mutual Fund KYC online for Mutual Fund KYC status check.
You need to follow the below mentioned steps for Mutual Fund KYC status check online-
- For Mutual Fund KYC status check, you need to visit any of the registered websites of KRA.
- Then you need to enter the PAN card details and click on ‘Submit’ button.
- If Mutual Fund KYC status is verified, it will be displayed on the screen.
- But if Mutual Fund KYC status is not verified, then ‘Pending’ status will display on the screen.
So, Mutual Fund KYC status check via the online method is very easy and simple. Based on Mutual Fund KYC status, you can invest in mutual funds. In case, Mutual Fund KYC status is pending, you need to wait for a few more days for its updation.