SBI Magnum Tax Gain Scheme is an ELSS Mutual Fund by SBI Mutual Fund. SBI Magnum Tax Gain Fund is launched on 31st March 1993. This fund will provide you long term capital gain and also provide you the tax benefit under section 80C. SBI Magnum Tax Gain Scheme has the benchmark of S&P BSE 500 Index.
The main objective of SBI Magnum Tax Gain Scheme is to offer its investor in a wide range of equity mutual fund also tax-savings. By investing in SBI Magnum Tax Gain Mutual Fund you can avail tax exemption up to Rs.1.5lakh under section 80C of the income tax act 1961. SBI Magnum Tax Gain Scheme invests mostly in equity-related schemes but also invest a small portion in debt to make a balance in the portfolio. This increase the liquidity also improves the returns even during the volatile capital market conditions.
Facts about SBI Magnum Tax Gain Scheme
- SBI Magnum Tax Gain Scheme provides income tax benefit under 80C which is up to Rs.1.5lakh.
- SBI Magnum Tax Gain Scheme was launched in 1993 by SBI Mutual Fund so it has seen so much up and downs in the market for that which makes it more trustable to invest.
- SBI Magnum Tax Gain fund has given good returns over the years.
- SBI Magnum Tax Gain Scheme is best for those investors who want to save the tax also want a high return. It is advisable to invest in SBI Magnum Tax Gain Growth for better results.
- SBI Magnum Tax Gain Scheme comes with a lock-in period of three years but it is advisable to stay invested even after three years for the best return.
Top 10 Stock names of SBI Magnum Tax Gain Scheme (28th March 2019)
|Stock Name||(%) Of Total AUM|
|cash, cash equivalents and others||8.35|
|ICICI bank ltd.||5.51|
|HDFC bank ltd.||4.53|
|Reliance industries ltd.||4.14|
|Axis bank ltd.||3.65|
|State bank of India||3.32|
|Larsen & Toubro ltd.||3.15|
|Ambuja cements ltd.||3.06|
Top 5 Sectors of SBI Magnum Tax Gain Scheme (28th March 2019)
|S.No.||Name of Holding||Net Assets (%)|
|1||Bank – Private||14.51|
|2||Pharmaceuticals and Drugs||8.9|
|4||IT – Software||8.3|
|5||Cement and Construction Materials||5.89|
SBI Magnum Tax Gain
- AUM Size- Rs.6359.38cr.
- Expense Ratio- 0.84% (28th February 2019)
- Launch Date- 31st March 1993
- Benchmark- S&P BSE 500 TRI
- Risk- Moderately High
- Return Since Launch- 16.36%
|S&P BSE 500 TRI||9.03||16.44||14.48||17.08|
|Rank within Category||21||28||24||19|
|Number of funds in category||35||33||29||26|
As on Mar 28, 2019