Guide to Doctors Loan
Professional doctors working in a hospital or nursing home or is practising in his own clinic do require a loan in order to provide better treatment to the patients, expand the operation scale, to provide better diagnosis facility, to purchase updated modern equipment and so on. To help the doctors with their financial requirements, many banking institutions have come forward and initiated Doctors Loan in India which is quite exclusive and the loan gets disbursed very quickly.
The loan to doctors can be secured as well as unsecured. Unsecured Doctors Loan India are collateral free and are availed for a short time period. Depending on the credit score, work experience and proper banking statements banks offer doctors personal loan. In case of Secured Doctors Loan India, professional doctors both self-employed and salaried can avail the loan against the promise of a property. Banks decide the loan amount based on the mortgaged property and its market value.
Purpose of Doctors Loan
Professional doctors opt for doctors loan for a variety of reasons. Some of them are mentioned below-
Increasing the number of operation theatre, purchasing advanced diagnostic eqipments.
Expansion or renovation of clinic or hospital premises.
Setting up of pathological labs, extending nursing home.
Purchasing ambulance for the patients.
Expenses for medicines.
Setting up clinic cum residences.
Purchasing essential equipments
Here are some of the key features of doctors loan India-
- Avail up to Rs. 40 lakhs of doctors loan.
- Easy and quick disbursal of loan to doctors.
- Minimum paperwork is involved for the loan to doctors.
- No collateral or security is required for loan to doctors.
- Doctors loan interest rates start at 11.25%* which is very attractive.
- The tenure for doctors personal loan lies from 1 year to 5 years.
Secured Doctors Loan or Doctors Loan mortgage program is a loan designed for professional doctors against the pledged property. The type of mortgaged property can be commercial or residential property. Use of doctors mortgage loan programs can be for renovating or extending nursing home or clinic, or setting up new operation theatres or purchasing ambulance and so on. The amount of mortgage loan to doctors depends on the type of property you pledged and its present market value.
Following are some of the unique features of doctors loan mortgage program-
- Loan up to Rs. 30 lakhs for doctors mortgage loan program is available.
- Secured doctors loan interest rate starts from 9.5%* .
- Hassle free loan approval process.
- Longer tenure for doctors loan mortgage program that ranges between 1 year to 5 years.
- Approval of unsecured doctors loan is very fast.
- All about CIBIL Score
- Types of Personal Loans
- Tips to get Personal Loan
- Myths about Personal Loan
- How to use a Personal Loan?
- Important points about flexi loan
- Steps to Find a Right Personal Loan
- Does Personal Loan Hurt Credit Score?
- Top 10 Personal Loan Providers in 2019
- Pre payment charges of Personal Loan
- 7 Solid points to Improve your Credit Score
- Personal Loan for Low-Salaried Professional
Eligibility Criteria for Doctors Loan
Minimum and maximum age limit must be 21 years and 75 years respectively.
Both Salaried and Self-employed Doctors
- MBBS, MD, MS, DM- For graduate and specialist doctors
- BHMS, BAMS, DHMS- For homeopathic and ayurvedic doctors
- BDS, MDS- For Dentists
Minimum loan tenure for doctors loan is 3 years and can extend accordingly
Must have a minimum of 3 years experience of business vintage and 5 years of work experience for a professional loan
750 or above
Documents required for Doctors Loan
Common Documents Required For Doctors Loan
- Passport size photograph
- Duly filled loan application form
- Valid Certificate for educational qualifications
- For partnership firm, xerox copy of partnership deed
- KYC Documents- PAN card, AADHAAR card, Voter ID card
- Memorandum of Association(MOA) for the private limited company
- Doctor’s Certificate- Both birth certificate and registration certificate
- Residential Proof- Ration Card, any utility bills like gas bill or electricity bill
For Salaried Doctors Loan
- Last 3 months salary slip
- Updated bank statement of last 3 months
- Net monthly salary must be above Rs. 20,000
For Self-employed Doctors Loan
- Last 1yr ITR with income computation
- Minimum turnover of Rs. 2.5 lakhs per annum
- Updated tatement of bank account for the last 6 months
- Last 2yrs Balance Account sheet and Profit & Loss account
- Trade License or Sales tax certificate for business continuity proof
In order to provide financial support to professional doctors, leading banking institutions provide doctors loan interest rates at a very competitive rate. The following table depicts the doctors loan rate of interest of some of the top Banks and NBFCs –
|Name of the financial institution||Doctors Loan rate of interest|
|Doctors Loan SBI||11.20%*|
|Doctors Loan in ICICI||12.50%*|
|Doctors Loan HDFC||11.25%*|
|Doctors Loan Axis Bank||14%*|
|Doctors Loan PNB (Punjab National Bank)||11.60%*|
|Doctors Loan in Bajaj Finserv||14%*|
|Doctors loan in United Bank Of India||12%*|
|Doctors Loan in Kotak Mahindra||13.50%*|
|Doctors Loan Tata Capital||11.25%*|
|Doctors Loan Indiabulls||11.99%*|
|Doctors Loan in Fullerton India||20%*|
Other than doctors loan interest rates there are some other charges which mentioned below-
|Charges||Doctors Loan rates|
|Processing Fees||Up to 2% of the loan amount|
|Charges for cheque swapping||Rs. 500|
|Charges for Cheque Bounce||Rs. 550 for each cheque bounce|
|Charges for late EMI payment on outstanding amount||24%|
|Charges for Prepayment||0 to 5%|
|Charges for Loan Cancellation||Nil (interest will be charged for the interim period between the loan disbursement date and loan cancellation date)|
|Charges for Amortization Schedule||Rs. 200|
|Charges for Stamp Duty and statutory charges||As per the norms of the state|
|Charges for CIBIL Report Copy||Rs. 50 for each copy|
Benefits of Doctors Loan
Here are some of the benefits of loan to doctors-
- Attractive interest rates for the loan to doctors.
- Flexible repayment tenure for the loan to doctors are available.
- Easy EMI option for the loan to doctors repayment is applicable.
- Doctors loan rates can be both flexible and floating interest rates.
- Both salaried, as well as self-employed doctors loan, are feasible.
- A professional doctor can avail doctors loan up to 100% of his FOIR.
- Easy and simple documentation is required for the approval of doctors loan.
- The loan to doctors can be used to buy essential medical equipments like- X-Ray machines, CT Scanners, MRI Machine, Sonography machine and so on.
- Expenses such as- extension or renovation of clinic or hospital, cost of hospital infrastructure, hiring new doctors, nurses or support staffs or everyday expense all are taken care of with the help of doctors loan.