Gold is an integral part of Indian culture which is considered auspicious and also acts as a collateral for taking up a loan from a bank.
SBI provides loan against gold as a security which can be used to meet the expenses like marriage, any medical emergencies, business expansion and much more.
SBI Gold Loan is feasible with minimum documents and lowest interest rate.
Features of SBI Gold Loan
- Gold loan is availed against gold jewelry as security. But gold coins can also be used to avail a loan.
- Minimum and simple paperwork are required for this loan. If you provide the required documents, your loan will be sanctioned instantly.
- 25% of the value of the loan is retained by the bank as a margin and the rest 75% is received by the applicant.
- SBI provides a special gold loan scheme named Agricultural Gold Scheme designed for applicant involved in farming activities. This special gold loan has a lower interest rate than the regular gold loan.
Eligibility Criteria for SBI Gold Loan
- The applicant must be 18 years or above age to opt for the gold loan.
- An individual should have a steady source of income to repay the loan. Bank employees and Pensioners are also eligible for this loan.
Details of SBI Gold Loan
Following are the details of the gold loan scheme:-
- The objective of the loan- To cater to the needs like- the medical emergency, financial crisis etc.
- Security- Loan is issued against gold jewelry and gold loan as collateral.
- Quality of gold- Gold coin or jewelry must be up to 50 grams, with the purity level of 18 to 22 carat.
- Duly filled application form.
- Passport size photograph.
- ID proof- AADHAR Card, PAN Card, Passport.
- Address proof- Any utility bills like- Electricity Bill, Gas Bill, Driving License.
SBI Gold Loan Interest Rate
|Rate of Interest (Regular Gold Loan)
|Rate Of Interest (Agricultural Gold Loan)
|Amount of Loan
|Minimum- Rs. 20000 Maximum- Rs. 2 lakhs
|3 months-36 months
|0.50% of the loan amount subject to a minimum of Rs. 500
|Gold Loan Scheme
|Bullet Repayment Scheme
Under the bullet repayment system, borrowers are allowed to pay the principal amount fully at the end of the tenure. This lowers the monthly payment of the loan. The maximum repayment period is 12 months.
For regular gold loan and liquid gold loan, borrowers have to repay the loan in monthly installments. The maximum repayment period is 36 months.