In today’s world, a credit card is an essential financial tool for our day to day transactions. But there is a credit limit beyond which you cannot spend. HDFC Credit Card Limit is set based on various important factors like- your income, liabilities, spending habit, credit score and credit history. Also, the HDFC Credit Card Limit depends on which card you are using. If you have a higher income with no or less liability, then definitely your HDFC Credit Card Limit increase as compared to someone with lower income. An Individual with good repayment capacity and higher CIBIL score will have higher HDFC Credit Card Limit. You can go for HDFC Credit Card Limit check using the eStatement. If you are someone who pays the dues on time and uses the rewards efficiently, then you can easily apply for HDFC Credit Card Limit increase facility. For HDFC Credit Card Limit enhancement, you can choose 2 options- HDFC Credit Card Limit increase SMS mode and HDFC Credit Card Limit increase online mode. You can select the mode as per your convenience.
HDFC Credit Card Limit Increase Process
If you feel that with the prevailing HDFC Credit Card Limit, you are constraining your living standards, then you can definitely go for HDFC Credit Card Limit increase. The most important point that you must keep in mind is, you must be financially able to bear the increased usage of the card. You need to first go for HDFC Credit Card Limit check. Then you must notify the bank if your monthly income has raised. Also, if you apply for HDFC Credit Card Limit increase, the bank will analyze your repaying habit, rewards & offers usage, your spending habits and then will decide to approve it or decline it.
You can go for HDFC Credit Card Limit increase following the below-mentioned steps-
HDFC Credit Card Limit Increase Online Method
- For HDFC Credit Card Limit increase, you need to login to your account.
- Click on the tab ‘Credit Card’ and choose the option ‘Card Upgrade with Enhancement.
- If your card is eligible then, HDFC Credit Card Limit enhancement can be done by selecting the ‘Continue’ button.
- Lastly, you will receive a confirmatory message for HDFC Credit Card Limit Increase Online method.
HDFC Credit Card Limit Increase SMS Method
- Periodically, the bank revises the card users’ payment patterns and usage.
- If you are trustworthy enough to for HDFC Credit Card Limit enhancement, then you will receive SMS or call from the bank. This can be both for HDFC Credit Card Limit enhancement or HDFC Credit Card Limit upgrade.
- So HDFC Credit Card Limit increase SMS method is entirely dependent on your card usage and your repaying capacity.
Methods for HDFC Credit Card Limit Increase
- New Card Apply- In order to increase HDFC Credit Card Limit, you can easily apply for a new card. You can select the card which offers more rewards & offers from the existing one. Always pay the dues on time and use the card efficiently to be eligible for a higher limit on the new card.
- Increase CIBIL score– Your CIBIL is a very important factor that affects your eligibility for HDFC Credit Card Limit enhancement. So, try to increase your CIBIL score by paying your EMIs and other liabilities on time. Also, try to spend within the credit limit or else the CIBIL score will decrease.
- Limit Increase Request on the existing card– Based on your credit history, CIBIL score, your spending habits, you can request for a limit increase on your existing card. If you have more than one card, then you need to select the card which is best suitable for a limit increase.
- Annual Limit Increase- Banks revise the credit limit periodically and based on your card usage and repaying ability, offers an annual increase in credit limit. So, efficiently use the card for the annual limit increase facility.
- Other related information- In case, you have experienced a pay hike in the last few months, you must inform it to the bank. Based on this info, your eligibility for HDFC Credit Card Limit enhancement increases manifold. Also, you must consolidate all your accounts in one for a clear financial representation of your status.